How To Use Indoor Tanning Lotion: Learn The Easy Process
Do you want to enjoy shiny brown skin? A perfect tan can provide you that. But wait!
The whole process of tanning can be tough for you. Let’s start by choosing the right tanning lotion for you.
Why do you need tanning lotion? Because it hydrates our skin and helps us to get the best result. You can tan without using lotion. But a tanning lotion will save your time and ensure your brown skin tone perfectly.
You can use an outdoor tan for your skin. But in this process, your body will be exposed to the UV ray of the sun. And exposure to the UV ray isn’t positive at all. Hence, you can go indoor tanning. But whether you are using lotion for indoor or outdoor tanning, you will need to follow some basic rules to get the perfect output. Tanning lotion can’t be compared to the general lotion. While using it, you need to be extra careful.
How to use indoor tanning lotion, and what is the process of it? Take a look at the process!
Using Indoor tanning lotion is not an easy thing to do. It requires enough preparation. So, before you go to a tanning salon, you should take some preparation at your home.
First of all, you should exfoliate and wash your skin daily. You should start doing it for at least one week before your indoor tanning session. For this, you can use a commercial exfoliating kit, which you can get from most drug stores or beauty outlets. It will remove your dry and dead skin cells and create a fresh and smooth surface for tanning lotion.
A good exfoliation is one of the most important things in the whole tanning process because only a good exfoliation can make your skin prepare for the best tan possible. If you don’t have one week for deep exfoliating, then you can use a loofah, bath puff, or brush with exfoliating cleanser during the shower. It will do the job. Exfoliating towel or brush can be used for hard to reach the spot.
There are some spots that need special attention, such as your hands, elbows, knees, or feet. If you are taking a bath right before your tanning session, then you should not use any cosmetics or perfumes. Cause they will make your skin vulnerable to UV rays, which can cause irritation or breakouts.
Along with cosmetics and perfumes, you should avoid using other lotions after a bath. Cause tanning lotion won’t show much effect on your skin if you use oil-based washes or any type of lotion.
But you can use a non-oil-based moisturizer after your bath or shower. Also, you should shave your body hair. Cause if you have body hair, then tanning lotions will accumulate near hair follicles, which will create a little bronzed spot. Believe me; those spots will ruin your look.
Before going to a tanning salon, you should make a list and check out all the accessories, like- hair caps, which will protect your hair from UV radiation, or nail savers, which will protect your manicure.
You must have to bring eye protection to protect your eyes from UV rays. Studies show that tanning beds produce 100 times greater UV rays than the sun. And it is more than enough to damage your eyesight.
So, you should bring sunglasses or goggles labeled as “100% UV Protection”. Bringing a spare towel would be great. You can wipe excess lotion using it. What you will wear during tanning is your personal choice. But you should ask the professional of your tanning center about which type of cloth they recommend.
Also, don’t forget to remove your contact lenses, makeup, jewelry, and other things before the tanning session.
How To Apply Indoor Tanning Lotion
Tanning lotion is the most important factor in indoor tanning. You have to use it well to get a good tan on your body.
First of all, take a good amount of lotion into your palm of the hand. You can take more than you need because if you take less amount of lotion, then your skin will remain dry, and tanning a dry body won’t do any good.
After that, rub the lotion everywhere on your body evenly. Make sure that you are not missing any spot. You can use the applicator to apply lotion evenly on those hard-to-reach areas.
You should avoid using too much lotion on the face, like around the nostrils, under the eyes, or by the hairline. After applying lotion, make sure to wipe lotion between fingers. Because sometimes people forgot to wipe between their fingers, and they became darker than other places of their body.
Also, give a small wipe to your knees and elbows because those areas become darker than other body parts easily, which is not much lucrative.
Now that you are preparing for this part for a long time. So, you should not mess up at all by making any silly mistake.
The first thing you have to remember is that you have to keep changing your body position. You have to understand that your body is not even. That’s why if you lie your full tanning session on the same point, then you will not get a proper tan on your arms, shoulders, and waist.
You don’t have to keep changing your position very frequently. Just do it a couple of times between the full tanning sessions. Also, if you don’t want to get a white spot on your tailbone or any other pressure point, then it’s better to move your body. Experts say, slightly moving arms and legs maximize the tan effect.
Don’t forget about those areas which get sunburned easily. You have to be extra careful about them. Again, don’t forget about armpits. Cause if you forget to tan it, then it will have a creepy white look.
Wash the lotion
After a tanning session, you should not take a bath directly. If you do that, then the lotion will not get enough time to show its magic. It’s better to wait a few hours before you wash. For washing the lotion, you don’t need any kind of special soap. You can wash it with any kind of soap.
But don’t exfoliate again. It will lighten or completely remove your tan. You can do it again if you are ready to get tan again.
Get some extra tips
If you still are reading this article, then it’s enough for a good tan. But if you want it up to the mark, then here are some extra tips for you.
- Sometimes tan looks fading unevenly or splotchy. If you don’t want that circumstance, then an oil-free exfoliator would be a good solution.
- Knees, elbows, fingertips, and backs of the heel tend to be most dried than our whole body. So naturally, they will absorb a large number of pigments, and that will cause unevenness.
- To minimize it, you can apply fragrance-free lotion or oil. Also, you can apply moisturizer on your 20-30 minutes before applying a self-tanner.
- It will work like a charm if you have dry skin. Also, using a moisturizer after tan will enrich and enlighten the color of your tan.
- If you are still bothering about how to use indoor tanning lotion, tanning lotion works fine in any circumstances. But if you want to get the most effective tanning lotion, then you should apply it on your body in a cold, dry place. Cause water, humidity, or sweat can reduce the effectiveness of the lotion.
- Applying tanning lotion to your face can be intimidating. For this, you can use a small sponge brush. It will remove your intimidation, and using it, you can apply tanner perfectly under your jawline, below your cheekbones, and every single place on your face.
- You should not use an oil-based product after the tanning session. It will reduce the tan effect on your skin.
- If you badly want to use any kind of lotion or makeup, then choose the non-oily product.
Getting the tan and washing the lotion is not everything. You also have to follow some rules to get a proper and long-lasting tan.
- It does not matter if you are tanning indoor or outdoor. Tanning will dehydrate you. So, it is better to take drink water more than usual to keep you hydrated.
- It’s better to take a break between two tanning sessions. It will recover your cells from UV exposure. Also, it will decrease the chance of skin cancer.
- Some tanning experts suggest eating dark chocolate. Not because they are yummy, but it has antioxidants that will help you protect your skin from UV damage.
- Use a product that contains hyaluronic acid. It will improve the elasticity and hydration of your skin. Make sure you use it immediately after the shower.
So many things to do, isn’t it? But guess what! Once you are done with all these, your skin will shine like gold.
Would you like to have that and still are confused about how to use indoor tanning lotion?
That’s okay! Just go through the article again, do tan using indoor tanning lotion and get the best tan than ever!