- 1 How to Apply Tanning Lotion and Avoid the Buzzkill
- 2 1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before applying
- 3 2. Moisturize your skin before applying any lotions or oils
- 4 3. Start by applying the lotion to your ankles, then move up towards your heart
- 5 4. Apply a thin layer of lotion, don’t overdo it!
- 6 5. Let the tanning lotion soak for at least 10 minutes before getting dressed or going outdoors
- 7 Don’t forget about those hard-to-reach areas like elbows and knees!
- 8 Suggest me some of the best tanning lotions
- 9 Conclusion
How to Apply Tanning Lotion and Avoid the Buzzkill
Tanning lotion is an absolute must for those who want to get that perfect, golden glow this summer. However, how do you properly apply tanning lotion and avoid the “buzzkill?” The first thing you need to do when applying your tanning lotion makes sure it’s not too cold outside.
It would be a waste of time if you applied your skin with a cold product! You also don’t want to wait until after going in the pool or ocean before putting on your tan. Once it dries, it will come off as soon as someone splashes water on you!
- You can read: What dies tanning oil do to our face?
In this blog post, I will be going over how to apply tanning lotion in three easy steps. These steps are a foolproof way to avoid the dreaded “buzzkill” of not being able to get that perfect bronze color you’ve been craving all winter.
This is how it’s done:
– Moisturize your skin before applying any lotions or oils
– Apply sunscreen and wait for 15 minutes until its had time to fully absorb
– Apply a moisturizer with SPF 30+
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before applying
First of all, start with cleaning with soap and water. This will make sure your hands are clean so that you can avoid any bacteria from getting into the lotion, as well as making it easier to apply evenly across the skin.
2. Moisturize your skin before applying any lotions or oils
Next up is moisturizing with body butter or cream designed for dry skin types! Make sure not to use anything too oily, otherwise, this can cause streaks on your tan which will end in one big “buzzkill”.
For those of us who have sensitive skin, we should opt for something more nourishing like shea butter or cocoa butter. If you’re prone to acne breakouts (or don’t want an oil residue) then try out some aloe ver
3. Start by applying the lotion to your ankles, then move up towards your heart
Start with the ankles and work your way up to the heart, Through this process, you’re going to notice how your skin feels. Once the lotion has been applied, it should leave a nice oily feeling which will eventually dry down and feel less greasy as time progresses
4. Apply a thin layer of lotion, don’t overdo it!
This process is very important because how the lotion is applied will be how it feels as you’re sitting under that hot sun. If you apply too much, not only can your skin feel greasy and slippery when wet or damp but also some people tend to overdo it on their face – which leads to an obvious problem.
If you start to notice a little bit of irritation where the lotion has been applied (which may lead to redness), then remove any additional product from that area with water.
Don’t forget your feet either! Think about how uncomfortable they’ll be if all this lotion just gets soaked up by sandals and flip-flops. More than likely, if you have dry skin, You should opt for something more nourishing like body butter or cream instead of a lotion.
5. Let the tanning lotion soak for at least 10 minutes before getting dressed or going outdoors
It is always advised to wait at least ten minutes before getting dressed or going outdoors so that the lotion has time to soak in.
This will help avoid any staining on clothes. If you have a favorite outfit and just can’t wait for it to dry, then try using baby powder to keep it from sticking against anything else (be careful not to inhale this though).
Don’t forget about those hard-to-reach areas like elbows and knees!
When applying lotions make sure to not forget about those hard-to-reach areas like elbows and knees. Apply a generous amount to these parts of the body so that you don’t end up with unsightly tan lines, which can be avoided by using lotion on your hands or tucking them into gloves when applying it onto the rest of your arms.
If you’ve already applied somewhere it shouldn’t have been but want to avoid any staining follow the instructions above on how to remove this from clothes for how to get rid of stains that are yet too dry!
- You can read: Whats is the best tanning lotion?
Now go out there and enjoy being brown 🙂
NOTE: Do not use self-tanner on body parts that are prone to acne or have sensitive skin, consult with your doctor before applying any sensitive area!
Suggest me some of the best tanning lotions
You can pick the following tanning lotions as your best tanning lotion.
In conclusion, I would like to say, If you can properly apply the lotion, you will have the best tanning experience. With this information how to apply your tanning lotion in a safe way and avoid the buzzkill.